DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season - Only Deco

Hot

My Blog List

Friday 2 November 2018

DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season

DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season

DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday seasonHOW TO MAKE SNOWY MASON JARS

Happy Friday, friends! I’m so excited to kick off the official start of the holiday season. In the blogging world, we sometimes have to work months ahead so I’ve been anxiously waiting to share some holiday content with you guys. One of my favorite holiday decorating projects I shared on the DecoArt blog a few years ago are these DIY Snowy Mason Jars. I realized I never shared them here so I thought I would create a quick tutorial. These are perfect for decorating your mantle, dining table or front porch. I decorated my jars with a piece of faux greenery with tiny berries and a twine bow. Then added a battery-operated tea light inside. I love the way they glow at night and look beautiful on my Christmas mantle.

DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season
Supplies:
Mason Jars
Glue
Epsom SaltGlitter  Greenery & twine
Flameless tea lightsHot glue


DIY Snowy Mason Jars

  • Combine 1 cup of Epsom salt with a tablespoon of glitter in a disposable plate or bowl. Depending on how many jars you plan to make, you may need more.
  • Apply a layer of glue around the mason jar. Be careful not to layer it on too thick or the glue will start to drip once the Epsom salt is applied. I used tacky glue for these and it worked really well. You can also use decoupage glue.
DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season
  • Sprinkle the glitter Epsom salt around the jar until evenly covered. Place the jars on a cleanable surface or paper (newspaper, wax paper, etc.) in case glue drips down while drying. Allow the jars to dry for several hours, preferably overnight.

  • DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season
  • Cut a small piece or faux greenery and use a dot of hot glue to adhere to the top of the jar. You can find holiday greenery at most craft stores during this time of year. You could even add fresh greenery from your yard. Then wrap twine around the mouth of the jar a few times and tie off with a bow. Add a flickering tea light to create luminaries for your holiday decor.

DIY Snow Mason Jars

DIY Snowy Mason Jars – create faux snow-covered mason jar luminaries for the holiday season
found at : @

No comments:

Post a Comment